In the Citizenlab Grip on Diabetes, researchers, people with type 2 diabetes and ZGT (Hospital Group Twente) are joining forces. Together we investigate how technology can help to get more customized care, personal responsibility and control in your life with diabetes type 2. Below we explain what the studies are about.
There are several studies in which we work together to get a better grip on diabetes.
- Wishes of experts by experience (completed)
- Use of technological and digital resources (completed)
- Experiential experts collaborate with researchers (ongoing)
- Digital resources in practice (starting)
Wishes of experts by experience
We asked people with type 2 diabetes how and when they want to contribute to the development and application of digital tools (eHealth) in their care process. We also wanted to know which influences play a role in this. We did this by distributing a digital questionnaire with both closed and open questions. Information was collected on:
- Whether or not to participate in the development and application of eHealth;
- The way one wants to contribute;
- Factors influencing how and when one wants to contribute, such as motivation, expertise, resources, social influence and expectations of the development and application of eHealth;
- Background characteristics of people who completed the questionnaire.
You can read a summary of the results on our results page.
Use of technological and digital resources
We asked people with type 2 diabetes about the use and wishes of technological and digital aids. Information was obtained through a questionnaire and additional interviews
collected to get answers to questions such as:
- How do people deal with type 2 diabetes in their daily lives?
- Do people with type 2 diabetes use technological and digital tools? Why or why not?
- What is the expected added value of technological and digital aids in life with type 2 diabetes?
- What are the wants and needs of people with type 2 diabetes?
With the results of this survey, we can take another step forward together with you. We want to work with you to find ways to get a better grip on your diabetes. We also look at the use of technology.
You can read first insights on our results page.